Add a new user account
Depending on the size of your organization, you might want to set up additional users. This topic explains how to add a user to your organization's account.
1. Select Users from the
Result: You see the Users page.
2. Select the Add User button.
Result: You see the New user page.
3. Enter the new user's email address (which will serve as the username) . You can also enter a
Note: The email address must be unique (not already taken by another user account).
4. Enter the password for the user.
5. Optionally, you can assign the user to a subscriber group. Keep the default of All Groups to give the user access to all subscribers.
By default, all platform users can access all subscribers. When you add a user to a subscriber group, the user can only see the subscribers in that group. This gives you control of the access that users have to subscribers on your company account.
For example, you can restrict the access of your external users, such as contractors or on-site technicians.
6. Select the check boxes next to the permissions that you want to grant, or keep the default settings.
Your own user account permissions determine the:
- Actions that you can perform
- Permissions that you can assign to other users
For example, you must have the Activate a SIM permission before you can assign that permission to another user.
7. Select the Add button.
Result: The new user is created and can sign in with the credentials you set.
Tip: If you want the user to set their own password, go to the user's details and select the Reset password button after you created the user. The new user will get an email with instructions to set their new password.